Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tropical Seasonal Rainforest:


The month is January, i'm in Zambia Africa. I am planning on staying here for a month and then moving on to the next adventure on my list.The two main seasons include the rainy season (November to April) corresponding to summer, and the dry season (May/June to October/November), corresponding to winter. While on my travels I have seen many rivers traveling through Zambia, I tanned with the village children most days as I watched them play in the water until sunset. Many smaller tribes and european culture have influenced the Culture here, the food is based on maize a flower that gets made into a porridge and is served with vegetables, meat, fish or sour milk. I found myself playing Cricket and Rugby almost everyday with the other villagers here the people also enjoy playing football. The economy has been based on copper mining for a long time, they fell into poverty after the international copper price went down. I saw many animals while on this trip, I saw a lot of Antelopes and Giraffes. The tribe I stayed with took elephant rides one night and I could not wait to tag along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment